The rise of professional sports and competitions called for more versatile, more accurate timepieces – for the wrist as well. Favre-Leuba satisfied this demand quite early on with functional wristband chronographs. Around 1925, the brand manufactured first monopusher chronographs, where a single pusher was responsible for starting, stopping, and resetting the chronograph. In the 1930s, the two-pusher mechanism allowed the user to arbitrarily interrupt and continue the timing, thus enabling so-called cumulative split timing.
This chronograph from Favre-Leuba from the early 1940s, with manual winding, is characterized by the aesthetic symmetry of a bicompax display. A subdial at 3 o’clock functions as a 30-minute counter, another at 9 o’clock is reserved for the small seconds. A tachymeter scale rounds out the functions.